Thursday 23 June 2016

From 'Prison to Praise'

Do you feel trapped and alone and faint of heart? Are people out to 'get' you and maybe trap you and trip you up?

That's how David may have felt as he prayed Psalm 142.

David prayed this Psalm as a cry for help when he was 'in a cave' , alone and surrounded by enemies trying to 'trap' him. He was down and faint of spirit, not sure which way to turn.

And his prayer ended with these words of faith:

Psalm 142:7 ESV
'Bring me out of prison, that I may give thanks to your name! The righteous will surround me, for you will deal bountifully with me.'

We too can turn to God in our need and, like David say,

'Let me be found in the place of your praise, in the midst of your people, experiencing your protection and provision!'

May the LORD, who alone is our only ultimate Refuge and Portion in Life (Psalm 142:5), bring us all from 'prison to praise'!

No comments:

Post a Comment