Sunday 19 February 2017

God cares for you

Monday 20th

Exodus 2:25 - "and God knew{yaw-dah'}
Exodus 3:7 - "I know  {yaw-dah'} their sufferings"

 {yaw-dah'} means 'to know,  to ascertain by seeing. It is used in a great variety of senses, including to care.' (STRONGS CONCORDANCE).

What a comfort to be told by the Creator God that He knows about your situation and your sufferings and that He cares enough to organize a huge rescue operation, which became the Exodus of  Israel from slavery in Egypt.

Later on, King David would lament to God that "no one cares for my soul" (Psalm 142:4). We may share that sense of abandonment in this callous age. In Psalm 142:3 David also prayed to God saying, "When my spirit faints within me, you know my way!" And again "know" is {yaw-dah'}. When no one else seems to bother, God cares and watches over the way our life is going!

Writing to suffering, persecuted believers in the earliest church, the Apostle Peter said, "[6] Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, [7] casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:6-7 ESV).


Yes, child of God, "The Lord cares for you"! 

You can confess, with the troubled Psalmist, '[18] When I thought, "My foot slips," your steadfast love, O LORD, held me up. [19] When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.' (Psalm 94:18-19 ESV).

No comments:

Post a Comment